Friday 28 November 2014

If you had only N500 to spend this weekend, what would you do to make that money go far ? If you had only N500 to spend this weekend, what would you do to make that money go far ? Uguba Ndubuisi Live LikeLike · · Share · 26 Joy 99.7 FM 1 hr · Edited · Excerpts from Jon Benjamin, the UK High Commissioner's Speech at the Imani 10th Anniversary Dinner Tax payers have the right to know their money is being used properly and how much public officials earn. One important question to ask is "if a public official is tempted to steal from public purse,do they instinctively know what they're doing is wrong?" One African proverb I really like is "a fish rots from his head." When I travel on the public purse, I fly economy class. I h... See More Excerpts from Jon Benjamin, the UK High Commissioner's Speech at the Imani 10th Anniversary Dinner Tax payers have the right to know their money is being used properly and how much public officials earn. One important question to ask is "if a public official is tempted to steal from public purse,do they instinctively know what they're doing is wrong?" One African proverb I really like is "a fish rots from his head." When I travel on the public purse, I fly economy class. I have more than once seen with my own eyes, police men taking money from trotro drivers. I once went to a ministry and waited for a very long time. When it was revealed who I was, I was attended to in about 5 minutes. Why should I receive better service than anyone because of my job title? I appreciate the courtesy but it isn't right. I constantly get requests from people who want me to aid them in getting visas. If you comply with our immigration procedures, you will get a visa. If you don't you won't. Please don't ask me for a visa. I didn't and couldn't influence my own wife's visa application so why would I influence yours? Ghana has religious leaders who I deeply respect, but their message is overshadowed by a few who preach messages of prosperity. If journalists who pride themselves on reporting corruption in others,ask for unofficial payment for themselves,isn't that a touch hypocritical? At the very least, you know now that you will never receive any ‘soli’ from the British High Commission. Uguba Ndubuisi Live LikeLike · · Share · 764315 More stories

If you had only N500 to spend this weekend, what would you do to make that money go far ?
Excerpts from Jon Benjamin, the UK High Commissioner's Speech at the Imani 10th Anniversary Dinner
Tax payers have the right to know their money is being used properly and how much public officials earn. One important question to ask is "if a public official is tempted to steal from public purse,do they instinctively know what they're doing is wrong?"
One African proverb I really like is "a fish rots from his head." When I travel on the public purse, I fly economy class. I h...
See More

No comments:

FAMILYFUN CONCEPT LTD needs your skills

Hello, ...