Wednesday 6 May 2020

From Under Bridges to Charis Online

God spoke, "Say it out loud." The walls shook and it startled me, but I knew what the words meant. I yelled, "I quit!" I haven’t had a drink since that day.
 
I struggled with alcohol addiction almost my whole life and started getting drunk when I was about seven years old. I tried everything to quit. I’d been in detox and different treatment facilities but finally just gave up and felt I was destined to a life of hell.
 
God kept me alive through the many trials of my drinking career, and it’s by His mercy and grace that I am alive (and sober) today.
 
I was homeless, living under bridges, and out flying signs that said, “Will work for food.” One night, while trying to cross a busy street, I was hit by a car. I died three times on the operating table that night. I was in a coma, but I heard my brain surgeon tell my knee surgeon that I would probably never walk or talk again. I spent three months in a rehab hospital learning how to feed myself as well as other basic life skills I’d lost due to the brain trauma. I was released from rehab and got black-out drunk that same night.
 
It was thirteen years later when I heard that Voice, and I knew it was my last chance.
 
I found a spirit-filled, faith-walking, Word-teaching church and a short time later I started watching a man named Andrew Wommack on television. Boy, I liked what he was saying. It went right along with everything I believed--the Word!
 
God blesses us beyond our wildest dreams when we follow Jesus and his Word. I am now an online student at Charis Bible College and learning more about the love of God and His plans for my life.
 
--Meri Kris Winey
 
 

Meri Kris, along with students from around the world, are growing in their relationship with God and finding their purpose as online students at Charis Bible College. Getting started is easier than you may think. Start your journey today with your first bundle of online courses.


Enrollment Ends May 11th


Have Questions?
For more information about Charis Bible College, please call
844-360-9577.  

No comments: